Electromechanicl analog digital clock
The result: A steampunk-clock build with:
• one stepper driven by mains frequency to get a 1sec pulse
• digital counters (CD4040) for seconds, minutes and hours (of course with LEDs)
• digital-analog-converters (DAC0808) which drive the instruments to show the time.
(I also thought of building it with transistors... but I wanted to be finished with this project in this decade ;-)
- Build a steampunk like clock with big (old) moving-coil instruments, but not with the help of a microcontroller.
- Clock source: Crystal? NE555? stepper!
- Count secs, mins, hours: binary counters with reset CD4040.
- Instruments: ebay-found two ELIMA 10V DC instruments.
- Drive the instruments: analog-digital-converter DAC0808.
- It should look really nice.
Next was designing the circuit boards. I designed 5 boards:
- Clock Source
- Seconds Counter
- Minutes Counter
- Hours counter
- Power source (=base plate)